10 Commandments of Weight Loss (from “Lose Weight Naturally” by Mark
1) Thou shalt honor thy health and good spirits above all else.
2) Thou shalt not go on crash diets, for therein lieth the way of
3) Thou shalt not clean thy neighbor’s plate.
4) Thou shalt not eat when thou art miserable, for food is not a medicine unto the soul.
5) Thou shalt not eat when thine eye lusteth, but when thy stomach requireth sustenance.
6) Thou shalt sup chiefly on the fruits of the earth, the grains and vegetables thereof; on the fowl of the air and the fish of the seven seas, wherefrom donuts cometh not.
7) Thou shalt take exercise daily, for why else hast thou sinew and bone, legs, and sneakers?
8) Thou shalt be patient but not forgetful.
9) Thou shalt take delight in every good friend and good song, in every good walk and good day, for to enjoy them more is why these commandments are given unto thee.
10) Thou shalt not knit thy brow if thou should transgress a commandment, but forgive thyself, for it is written that nine out of ten is not bad.
I think Number 10 is my favourite!